• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failure to burn DVDs Premere Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premere Elements 2020 on a Windows 10 PC operating system.  I encountered the problem on my first attempt to burn an DVD from Primere Elements program.  I tried a second program I havd created which was shorter in length: same result.  I followed the steps suggested in support areicles at both Adobe and Microsoft.  I removed both disk-burning utilities on my system (Premere Elements and Nero)  I reloaded the Microsoft drivers for myDVD read/write drive.  I reloaded Premere Elements fidrst and tried again.  No joy.  I reloaded Nero (2019 version).  It works well.  Still no result from Premere Elements.  The window for making a DVD on the finish and share tab shows that the program cannot identify a burner when I select DVD output.  Any other choice shows the DVD drivebut will not let me save.  I am at a loss.  Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what's happening. 

Is your concern that the program can't find your disc drive? Or does it crash partway through your DVD burn? Or does it get to the very end and crash? 

What exactly are you seeing with your DVD burn fails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the questions. I am taking time writing up this situation so you will be able to know exactlywhat has gone wrong, and what I have done to try to correct the issue.  I  will be back soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve:

Here is more detailled information about my problem.

I am using Premiere Elements 2020 (PE) on a desktop computer running Windows 10 put in service in March, 2020.  I purchased the PE/PSE package in January 2020, but did not get to use it until my computer was in service in March.

I have used PE to prepare short videos for posting on line (mostly less than 30 minutes’ duration, and had no problem saving the output as mp4 files. 

This week, I completed work on a one hour, 38 minute multi media video program which I expected to burn to a DVD.  My computer has a CD-DVD/RW disk drive installed by the manufacturer (Dell).  I have had no problem with read tasks or CD and data DVD writing using another disk writing app (Nero Platinum 2019).  When I tried to burn a DVD using the "Disk" option on the "Export and Share" menu, using the "Disk" option I get the message “No Burners Available” under the “destination” option.  I never have gotten past this point in the process of burning to DVD.  I have successfully used PE to complete an MP4 version of the video, so the video does not appear to be a problem.

I have tried to uninstall the Nero app, and restart my computer.  Still No Burner Available in PE

I have tried to remove PE and reinstall.  Still No Burner Available in PE

I have tried updating my DVD drive driver.  Still No Burner Available in PE

I have run out of options, and it appears that PE has an issue finding a working and available burner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you burn your DVD files as an ISO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that.  PE does produce a file called  20200504_101044 "image files"  When I try to use that file on my other app Nero to produce a DVD, it doesn't work.  Am I doing something wrong wit this.  PE says it's an ISO file, but I cannot find any to use it to burn a DVD>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this question from the so-called Adobe support community:

Adobe Support Community

Hi PW5426,

Your post recently received replies.

Post: [Premiere Elements] Failure to burn DVDs Premere Elements 2020
Date: May 05, 2020 02:54 PM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the replies and mark one correct.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

There is nothing helpful in this string!  The latest post was one I made responding to a request for more information.  It has never been nswered with any helpful information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PW5426,

This is a user-to-user forum.  There is a limit to what a user can do to solve a hardware challenge.  There aren't enough questions to ask about your specific computer.   My suggestion is to start an online chat with Adobe technitions that can remotely run your computer for troubleshooting.   In the Help menu is a choice for "Online Support".  It takes you to a website.  In the lower right corner is an icon to start the chat.   Like everything else, there may be pandemic delays so please have patience.  

The chat icon looks like this...

Chat Icon.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines