• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch when applying a crop

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with apply a crop to a video. I have a 1920x1080 project. Its a seriese of vertical phone videos vlog style. When I apply a crop, with all the settings at Zero. It cuts off half the video when i export the project. The background is still present. Its like I set the crop at 50% in from the right. It replicates on any video dumped into the project. I have opened in new project letting the project choose the native resolution of the clip. Still does it. No background, Still does it. Removed phone vector. Still does it. Thanks for any help. 

PremiereElementsEditor_2020-05-29_07-55-38.png

ApplicationFrameHost_2020-05-29_07-56-13.png

2020-05-29_07-57-33.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never experienced anything even remotely like this. Can you post another screen capture of this happening and include your timeline in the picture?

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

If you look under the program's Edit menu, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings?

What is the resolution of your phone video and, assuming you took the video directly from the phone and didn't change it in any way, what model of phone is this video from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. Premiere 2015. Looking at these general setting Sony XDCAM Ex?? Have limited experience with premiere. Always have to re-learn when I use it because its so few and far between. This problem happens across any video in the project. I assume her video is from an older iphone. If I apply cropping to any video on the time line the issue occures. Her video worked out of the box as its an older iphone. The new one's had to be converted because lack of HEVC support to H. 264. PremiereElementsEditor_2020-05-29_08-48-25.pngmsinfo32_2020-05-29_08-49-45.pngPremiereElementsEditor_2020-05-29_08-51-02.pngHandBrake_2020-05-29_08-56-14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing some of the information I asked for, Zt. 

What phone did your phone video come from and what is its format and resolution? 

Is the phone video the video you converted? That could lead to problems, depending on which converter you used. 

Also, on the timeline screenshot your provided, the phone video is not selected and I can't see the FX panel showing it applied to this video.

Finally, your Project Settings shows a project set up for 640x480, which seems strange for the kind of video you are trying to produce. What are the specs of the MP4s you have on the Video 1 track? What is their resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your assistance. I have gotten rid of the glitch by creating a new project with HD 1080i editing mode. Would you reccomend a way to move the project over to this editing mode? Or i am stuck rebuilding the project? It will go much quicker as i can use the previous project for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you can't change Premiere Elements' project settings mid-project and you can't copy video from one project to another, so you'll need to rebuild the project from scratch. But at least you'll have all the foundational issues under control!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again thank you so much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines