• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go Pro 4K to Premiere Elements 14

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling to figure out how to import and edit 4K footage from my GoPro Hero 7. I keep getting "Generic error has occurred" or something similar to that message. I am just testing the go pro for now. The 2.4k works, but wanted to use the camera to its fullest. I'm not the best at understanding all of the options. Maybe I don't want to record in 4K for another reason. Any help is appreciated. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people have reported trouble trying to load 60 or 120 fps 4K into the program. This is going to be a particularly challenging issue for you because you are using such an old version of the program.

What is the frame rate of your video? Also, is it MP4 or MOV?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, I need to look closer and get you a better answer but I believe it's 4K 30, if that helps. I will check but think it's MP4 and only way I know that is when I look at the properties on the video files. Do you think there would be much difference noticeably if I use that 2.4 setting since I know they upload to Premiere Elements 14. It may be worth me upgrading to a newer Adobe. Recommendations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility is that you have selected "HEVC", also called H.265, codec settings in the GoPro for smaller file sizes.   If you did, that won't work in Premiere Elements 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will try to see if I can find that about the HEVC codec setting. Appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"worth me upgrading to a newer Adobe. Recommendations?"

If you can wait about three weeks and Adobe sticks to the same annual schedule, there will be a 2021 version released.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines