Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GoPro 7 4k60fps footage in Organiser 2018

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently imported some GoPro Hero 7 footage, shot at 4k 60fps into Elements Organiser 2018 but the videos do not play, auto does but there's no footage shown.

Is there a way to resolve this? A codec that can be downloaded or something? From what I understand reading here it's related to it being shot in H.265 which is not supported by Premiere Element, and I assume Organiser either. Would be great to have this fixed as I do have Premiere Pro which I assume I can use for editing but Organiser is so good for organising and finding videos & photos that I would not want to lose the use of it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Elements on Windows does not support H.265 only on the Mac.

No way to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements on Windows does not support H.265 only on the Mac.

No way to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the prompt response. Are there any plans to bring it over to Windows? I'd hope so or it's pretty much failing at it's main purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a user group, no one here knows what Adobe's plans are for future products.  Adobe staff can't tell you what is in the future.

Relative to GoPro footage, GoPro themselves has their own explanations on H.265

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-convert-gopro-hevc-videos-to-h-264-using-handbrake

And a third part YouTube that may help:  Hero6 footage not working? Here's why and how to fix it – HEVC H265 explained - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi El Barto,

We're sorry for the issue. As @Ann Bens mentioned, the support for the H.265 is not available with the Windows Operating System. It has been added to Mac, however, it is under review. Please add your voice here: Premiere Elements 2019 and HEVC Codec | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines