• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gray/Black bars on sides of video while editing?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Elements 10, and I have these columns on either side of the clip in the video viewing area that are black after I export. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of them? My assumption is that the "workarea" or whatever it's called is not full and that it is not the same size as the clip itself, but there isn't any other options and a video I edited months ago, before this issue came, still gets them if I import it. The main thing I am working on has black bars at the top too, which I don't really mind, but have black on all 4 sides makes it look too small. Here's a picture to show what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/bVMv8Iy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the pixel size of your media?

What is the project setting?

What is your export setting?

The reason for your results is that those don't match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the properties of the video file it says the frame width and height is 904x512, project setting is the default NTSC-DV-Standard 48kHz, and when I export, I just export through the Share tab and into an MPEG file with HDTV 1080p 25 High Quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines