• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green screen on a Mac with Premiere Elements 2020?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased Premiere Elements 2020 to use on a Mac. On trying to use green screen FX it says on the Help page that this is only available on Windows. Is this true?  If so I want my money back.  It is pretty useless for me without it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I show you in the latter part of this tutorial, Chroma Key and Greenscreen Key are not available on the Mac version. However, Videomerge serves the same function and often does it better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also just bought Premiere Elements 2020 for Mac. I checked several tutorials to ensure that it supports green screen. The Videomerge brings no usable results for me. The free iMovie version is doing a perfect job here. Are there any plans to come with a a better / working solution on Mac too or do you have any ideas how to improve the results? My green screen is not perfect but it can be used, as you can see.

iMovieiMoviePremiere Elements MacPremiere Elements Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from manually selecting the background/key color and adjusting the tolerance level, no. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your quick reply. But finally I'm not happy that the feature sets on Mac and PC are not the same. Can you let me know where I can post a feature request or why the green screen feature is not available in Mac? Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines