• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have Problem reinstalling Premiere Elements13 after hard drive replaced.

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sirs:

I bought a new laptop ASUS about a year ago. I noticed  that first time I tried to make a DVD with Premiere 13 it failed. Got to 99% and fail to make the DVD. But later with different video it burned successful.. I did not take the laptop back because it start working making DVDs. But last month it started again. It also had problems recognizing large files. It took the laptop back for service. I was convinced that I Had a problem. Service said I needed a hard drive replacement. So they did. I loaded Premiere 13 back into the laptop. First Premiere failed to recognize the DVD drive. Well, service re entered the graphic Card. That worked. The software recognized the DVD Drive. I tried to burn a DVD. It got up to 99% then fail to complete the process. After about 2 hours of them trying different things, they told me that they did all they could to. Contact Adobe Premiere. I tinkered a little. I found a video file about 15 seconds. I put it in the AP13 software. I made a data (MP4) file from it first. Then I burn it to a DVD. It worked. So next I found 5 JPGs (Pictures) and a video file about 90 seconds. Used AP13 and tried to burn DVD. It failed. So next I made a data file from those images in the software. Then I again tried to burn a DVD. This time it worked. …. So I tried this same process with a regular length video. But fail to burn DVD. I left AD13 all night to burn. It fail. I NEED HELP.

if you don't get me. Leave me a message that you are tying to locate me, I will make myself more available.

Thank You.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed your contact information from your post. You do not want to post phone numbers and e-mail addresses to a forum where nasty spambots often go looking for them.

That said, what are the specs of your laptop? Which processor do you have with how much RAM? How large is your hard drive? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive? What operating system are you using?

We'll explore your source media later. For now let's see if you might have a resource issue.

Your post seems to indicate that you have never successfully used the program to create a DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have successfully used AP13 for 11 to 12 months. Made over 50 DVD's. Only the very first time I tried to make a DVD from data using the software it did not burn past 99%. I don't know why. But, I made a DVD just before I took it to service to have the hard drive replaced. THAT WAS NOT MY PROBLEM. That was not why I took it in for service. The reason I took it in for service was - every now and then some of the data would not transfer out from the laptop to an external hard drive when I wanted to remove unused data. A file would say it was not recognized. I noticed that it was a large file/data. The computer service identified this as a hardware problem that existed from the beginning. So, they replaced the Hard Drive. ( My system: i7-7700 HQ@2.80 GHz - RAM 16 GB - 64 BIT System. - Currently there is 65 free GB on the laptop.) I just want the software to work the way it did before I had the hard drive replaced. NOTE: I did have a recent instance when the DVD did not burn completely, but I related it to the large data item. I removed that item, then it burn successfully. - The hard drive replacement hopefully would take care of that. I just want to used the software as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for removing my personal Info.

To Continue...…. I figured over the past year there could have been updates to Premiere Elements 13. With the replacement of the hard drive, the updates only was put back in the hard drive. The original settings may be the problem. AP13 may not understand the updates. ….Only AP13 would know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines