• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import DV video via FIREWIRE?

Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems importing DV video via FIREWIRE

I’m trying to import DV video from a JVC SR-VS30 miniDV/S-VHS combo deck via FIREWIRE. I’ve just had the deck serviced by JVC. The deck show up as being connected in OS X System Report. It shows up in FCP X. Unfortunately, FCP X is unable to import without crashing. I used to be able to use FCP 4 & 5 but v10/X is unstable.

I was told that Premiere could import my old DV home movies. DV is listed as supported on Adobe’s website. But my FIREWIRE miniDV deck does not show up in the “Add videos from cameras & devices window".

Has anybody been successful using Premiere to digitize DV video via FIREWIRE in Premiere Elements 15?

If not, any suggestions how I could import these priceless home movies on a Mac via FIREWIRE? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2010

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

2.53 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB Graphics

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which version of Premiere Elements you are running, but the program hasn't included miniDV and HDV capture facilities in a couple of years.

Fortunately, you can capture video with LifeFlix ($19.95 from the App Store) to capture your video over a FireWire connection and the video will be perfectly editable in Premiere Elements. (You can also capture it with iMovie.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can import DV via firewire using QuickTime Player: File, New Movie - I do this with QuickTime Player v10.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines