• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I trim a song added to the music track in Premiere Elements 18?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a highlight video with audio from the video plus a track of music with several imported songs. How do I trim a song if I want to cut it off before the end of the song? If I click and drag the end of the file, it remixes the song, which seems to compress or expand the song, but not cut it off. I'm sure there's a simple answer but it is alluding me and I haven't found it by searching. Thanks in advance for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

I assume you're talking about version 2018, since there is no version 18.

That said, I show you in my book, go to the program's Preferences (under the Edit menu) and, on the Audio page, set Remix Options from Remix to Trim.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're talking about version 2018, since there is no version 18.

That said, I show you in my book, go to the program's Preferences (under the Edit menu) and, on the Audio page, set Remix Options from Remix to Trim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That was exactly what I needed.  And yes, I meant 2018 version. Surprised that action is so hidden. Seems like it'd be a commonly used feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines