• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change the file path of a photo / video OR how to copy effects?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 pictures in my video. Both photos are linked to the same file but they should be linked to different ones.

I already set up the effects (certain movement) for the pictures, so Id like to simply change the path for the picture so that it loads picture_2 instead of picture_1.

Rightclick -> properties -> Path file shows picture_1 now Id like to rightclick the path file and choose picture_2. Is there any such option?

How I tried to resolve it (obv. failed):

At first I tried to rename the file and as it says: "Can't find picture_1, where is it?" I select picture_2. But then both paths are changed to picture_2. So that doesn't work.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
FAQ , Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Right click on image in Project Assest > Replace Footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure I know what you are doing.   

What might work is to intentially break the Premiere Elements link by creating a new folder for each photo and moving each photo to those new folders.  Then when you open up Premiere Elements it will tell you that the files are missing.  Next you can relink them in their new locations.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Relinking did not work. If two different photos are linked to the same file and you break the link and try to relink them in their new locations, it will take the first location for both. At least that's what happened to me. :< Anyway, thankfully it's solved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on image in Project Assest > Replace Footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soo much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

You taught me another new to me trick!  I've wondered what that tool was for.  Thanks. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines