• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export MP4-video with chapter marks for jumping in VLC-Player?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working with Premiere Elements 2018 - now I want to export my project with the allready inserted scene marks to a MP4-File.

Is there any option to get the existing scene marks as chapter marks in MP4-Export-File so that i can easily jump between chapters in VLC-Player?

Thanx for any feedback!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Handbrake seem to be able to add markers.

Ann,

That would be useful.  So, I tried to figure it out.  The documentation suggests it can import chapter markers that already exist in the source, but can't make new markers. 

From the Handbrake documentation:   "HandBrake can copy chapter markers from your source...." and "Unfortunately, HandBrake can not currently add chapter markers if they did not already exist in the source."

I located the "import" tab

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible in Premiere Elements. Scene markers are solely a function of DVD authoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see chapter capability anywhere.   The only "work-around" I see on YouTube (or anywhere else) is an opening screen with time markers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.

Does anybody know if this feature will be added in next versions of Adobe Premiere Elements. This would be really usefull!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that it is not within the MP-4 standards.  No software can do it.  Chapters were part of the (ancient) DVD standards and newer Blu-Ray standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Ann,

That would be useful.  So, I tried to figure it out.  The documentation suggests it can import chapter markers that already exist in the source, but can't make new markers. 

From the Handbrake documentation:   "HandBrake can copy chapter markers from your source...." and "Unfortunately, HandBrake can not currently add chapter markers if they did not already exist in the source."

I located the "import" tab for chapter markers but saw no "creation" tab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for checking out.

I have now found out that chapter marks can be added with XMedia Recode Software to MP4-File. This works now for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XMedia Recode is new to me.  I will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not expect this feature in any future version of the program, hh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solution and is free
using emcoder export to WMV windows media
1080i to desktop WMV format i opened it in Handbrake a free encoder i now can see the chapters and saved it to MP4 and it plays now with the chappters event on my media player on a apple iphone and chromecast 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines