• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export multiple audio tracks as separate files?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I know how to export the audio as its own file, but is it possible to export each audio track as a separate file (i.e. three files for three tracks)? This is necessary for me because I send the audio files to someone who does audio mastering, and they need each audio stem to be separate. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Export , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your question, I suggest two ways.  

First, try turning off (muting) two of three tracks and output the audio.  You should get one track at a time.  

Second, try "Save As" three times, one for each audio track.  Then open the individual projects, unlink any video and delete all but one audio track.  Then export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Whsprague, thanks for replying. By muting, do you mean disabling?

I've been doing something similar to that. I disable all audio tracks but one, then export the audio, and repeat for as many tracks as exist. But this is very time consuming and difficult. I'm working with videos about half an hour made up of hundreds of tiny clips. Some are attached to video so when I select an audio track it selects various videos, too, and then enables or disables all those. The problem is that I often have some of those videos permanently disabled. If I disable and then enable an entire track, video clips which I had permanently disabled are now enabled. I have to scroll through a half hour time line detaching dozens of audio from video. 

I was hoping there was a faster way to do this, an option where you can select to export a single track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines