• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to horizontally center image in Adobe Premiere Elements ?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

does anyone know, how can I horizontally center image or object in Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 ?

I can horizontally or vertically center text, but I did not find how can I do that to images.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Projects in Premiere Elements are wider than tall, so I assume you mean 1920x1080.

If so, click to select the clip you want to center on your timeline and then open up your Applied Effects panel by clicking the button on the right. In Applied Effects, open the Properties panel and set Position to 960 540 (That's half of 1920 and half of 549). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just set its position numerically in Applied Effects.

What is the resolution of your project? You can find it under the Edit menu, on the General page of Project Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, where I can find the Applied Effects feature ?
My project resolution is 1080x1920.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Projects in Premiere Elements are wider than tall, so I assume you mean 1920x1080.

If so, click to select the clip you want to center on your timeline and then open up your Applied Effects panel by clicking the button on the right. In Applied Effects, open the Properties panel and set Position to 960 540 (That's half of 1920 and half of 549). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I got image horizontally center.
Is there way to make vertical video instead of horizontal ?
So, aspect ratio must change to opposite than horizontal aspect ratio is.
But how can I change aspect ratio ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking how to make a Premiere Elements project taller than it is wide? 

That is not possible in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 2022 and they added the ability to do social media videos (1080 x 1920) for TikTok and Instagram. This didn't exist before but you would go to file > new project > poortrait > then select force selected project preset to this project. I am still trying to figure out how to center a video, easily vs. manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another way that is harder to describe than do!  In the Expert mode, select the clip and put the CTI over the clip.  Then, double click in the preview monitor.  Small 'handles' show up.  You can grab the handles or grab the image itself and drag it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meantime, there's this great little tool:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines