• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to pan and zoom a clip already scaled < 100%

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to pan and zoom a clip that is already scaled at less than 100%.  But I don't know if this is possible since Zoom utilizes keyframing of Scale and Pan utilizes keyframing of Position.  In other words, I'd like to be able to lock the clip to a size smaller than the screen, let's say 25% as an example, and then pan and zoom WITHIN that smaller clip size.

Possible?  If so, how?

TOPICS
Feature request , Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your goal, I might try a two step process.   Scale the clip to the 25% and output it as an intermediate video.  The bring it back into the project as a replacement.  Then apply the Pan and Zoom effect.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @whsprague.  Yes, I think you understand what I am trying to do.  How do I "output as an intermediate video"?  I tried Export/Image, but that exports the entire screen, not just the scaled down clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines