• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOWTO: PE14.1 / Scale a Static Image (Photograph)

Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PE14.1 on a desktop PC running MS-WIN7.

When I insert a photo into the timeline and select Clip / Scale to Frame Size the entire photo appears

with black bars to the left and right due to the aspect ratio.  Thus what I want to do is to zoom into

the image (& maybe move left/right & up/down) until the frame is filled.

The only way I have found to date is to use the Pan & Zoom tool, select the part of the photo

I want in the first focus frame and then deleting the second focus frame (which is present by default).

Is this the correct way?  Using Pan & Zoom seems rather like using a sledgehammer to crack

the proverbial nut but so far I have no other solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

You can right-click on the photo on the timeline and, under the Clip menu, de-select Scale to Frame Size to see the photo at its actual size. (In my books, I recommend keeping your photos smaller than 2500x1875 pixels to avoid overloading the program.)

If you want your photo to fill your video frame, you're best manually keyframing its motion paths, as I show you in this tutorial.

Basic Motion Path Keyframing with Premiere Elements - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right-click on the photo on the timeline and, under the Clip menu, de-select Scale to Frame Size to see the photo at its actual size. (In my books, I recommend keeping your photos smaller than 2500x1875 pixels to avoid overloading the program.)

If you want your photo to fill your video frame, you're best manually keyframing its motion paths, as I show you in this tutorial.

Basic Motion Path Keyframing with Premiere Elements - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've added a link to the video to my collection of items to look at when searching for solutions (the problem

with only occasionally working with videos is that one forgets "howtos" after a period of time...

I assume that the Pan & Zoom tool is just a convenient method to set keyframes in a particular way

(having had a look at the keyframes on a clip that has Pan & Zoom enabled).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines