• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported video split with green bar across it??

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premier Elements 13 for some time and recently, some videos I have placed on the timeline are split in half horizontally across the screen, with a bright green colour.

The imported files are all of the same format and this appears random, as it doesn't happen to them all.  I can't work out how to get rid of it.

On the odd one, rendering removes the green, which takes the lower half of the screen.  But if I try to insert text, the green appears again.  Its a puzzle and I have had to abandon using some clips as I can't resolve it.  I would welcome any suggestions as to how to stop it.

Kind regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver.

If that doesn't do it, reset the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi could you tell me how i can roll back the video driver and also the preferences Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MANY THANKS Peru Bob

reinstalling a earlier version did the trick thanks very much for the advice.

WOODGE1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you do this? Didn't see an explanation. I am having the same issue with the green bars. I even tried using Media Encoder to change the file type. Help is much appreciate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry for the delay in responding, the grandchildren have been on Easter holidays so I have not had time to use the computer.

Im not sure about rolling back drivers.  I could have done it when we had Windows PC, but now have a Mac.  I have revisited preferences and they are same as I have used before.  Also, it has only happened on two sections of my film, both where a photo is followed by a video clip.  I trimmed the start of the clips and it was then ok on the timeline.

I then burned the film to iso and that to disc.  But when I played the disc on the TV those two sections were dreadful, the top half of the screen played the video and the lower half of the screen was flickering green with the previous photo until it moved on to the next picture.

It is a one hour film of the grandchildren, to which I have added text, music, titles etc and it took a long time.  So I thought to revisit it in the programme.  BUT, when I tried to open it again in the programme it did not recognise where the photos, music and folders were on the timeline.  It opened with strange red pictures with foreign writing on.  The folders in the programme had icons where the pictures and films should be.  Like it couldn't find them.

Its very disheartening as if I can't resolve this I will have to start all over again.

I thought I could get round this by importing the film from the disc i had burned and see if I could do something in those two places with that.  But I could not find a way to import it.  Using the import media, it did not recognise the drive!  The disc drive is a compatible Apple drive, so I don't know why it did not recognise that one was there.

I do hope you can help.  Kind regards, Joanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woodie65  wrote

BUT, when I tried to open it again in the programme it did not recognise where the photos, music and folders were on the timeline.  It opened with strange red pictures with foreign writing on.

Where is the media located? Premiere Elements doesn't store media, it just points to where it is located and uses it from there.

Do you have it on a drive that is not connected to the computer now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just popped the computer on to answer, as I couldn't find a means to reply on the iPad!!!!

Yes, before I start doing a film I create a folder in an external "passport" drive and put all the photos, music and films clips in it that I want to use.

Now it seems as if the programme no longer knows where they are kept.  I could import them again, but all the changes I have made to the sound on some of the children clips, editing of clips etc would be lost.  I can't find a means of pointing the programme to show it where these photos etc are. 

The drive is always connected to the computer.  I know its working ok as I have other stuff on the drive which I have accessed ok.

If you reply, I will respond tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!!!  I got them!!!!!

I didn't know what offline files meant.  In future when I start a new film I will tick the offline box in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines