• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing vob file from a dvd it will not import in widescreen. it cuts off the video image

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to have this done by today! I imported a vob file from a dvd.  it will not import the correct specs.  i am very upset and disturbed that a video editing program cant do something as simple as copying the original content on to a new project.  I tried to interpret every type of footage.  I tried to recreate the project 20 times changing the settings.  and every time this video is screwed up by adobe's stupid program.  hope you have an easy fix that im missing.  personally im getting to the point im going to go ask for my money back.  I tried to find a contact number for this problem and it keeps redirecting me to the same website.  I will continue to look for a phone number. but would like answer now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

I pulled the video from the dvd first.  Then I saved the vob file.  I reopened this video multiple times from the dvd drive and the file saved on my computer.  I reopened a brand new project multiple times changing the settings each time.  I then right clicked the video and tried multiples of times on each new project to change the video interpretation settings.  Nothing worked.  I tried changing the export from mpg to mp4. I was running premier elements 14 on my windows 10 x64 bit.  Your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get the video from the disc to your computer and into your project?

Did you put the disc in your computer's disc drive and then use the program's Video Importer? The program can only work if you use its tools to do the job.

BTW, which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

Also, I'm not sure what this means. Can you be more specific? " I tried to interpret every type of footage"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pulled the video from the dvd first.  Then I saved the vob file.  I reopened this video multiple times from the dvd drive and the file saved on my computer.  I reopened a brand new project multiple times changing the settings each time.  I then right clicked the video and tried multiples of times on each new project to change the video interpretation settings.  Nothing worked.  I tried changing the export from mpg to mp4. I was running premier elements 14 on my windows 10 x64 bit.  Your answer above statement is not correct and nothing works.  Stupid program wouldn't do what another program did in 5 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samuelh31188618  wrote

...... I tried to find a contact number for this problem and it keeps redirecting me to the same website.  I will continue to look for a phone number. but would like answer now.

If Steve's suggestions don't help and you still want a refund my suggestion is that you try an online "chat".

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry you haven't been as successful as I've been while doing exactly the same thing. But glad to hear you've decided to move on. Hopefully you'll find a program that better fits your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines