• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inability of Premiere Elements 2019 to burn BluRay disks

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Premiere Elements 2019 and creating a video and trying to burn a Blu-Ray disk and searching for why I can not burn a BluRay I read:  "With each new release of Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe reviews industry standards, market trends, and user feedback to define the new feature set. In Premiere Elements 2018, support for Blu-ray and AVCHD disc burning has been removed. "

Why?  Why eliminate a very useful function of the program?  AVCHD - Ok, I have never used that, but Blu-Ray?  You should be adding BluRay 4k.  Very disappointed.  Who would even think that this function would be removed?

This was never identified in any of the ads for the program.

Very disappointed.  Will not recommend this program any more.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

I think it had something to do with licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you that Blu-Ray burning should not have been deleted.  That said, Adobe keeps track of what customers use through a feedback system.   Customers can turn that off, but by default it is on.   Apparantly, Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray 4K are not in high demand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried contacting Adobe about this but haven't received any reply.  Am currently searching for programs to replace all my Adobe Products.   Murray Dunford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck Murray.  Technology marches on.  There have been 8 track tapes, cassettes, VHS, DVDs and many more.  DVDs and Blu-Rays are being replaced by higher quality formats.  Sharing work now favors online links over handing out disks.   I think Adobe is following the trends.   Frankly, I'm happy that I don't have to buy discs anymore and can share my family videos "online".  Most of my famly watches anything I create on their phones!  Discs just don't work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Adobe is not following the trend: its a licence issue.

Many consumer NLE still have the ability to make DVD/BD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course it is a license issue Ann!.  That was open news a couple years ago.   There is still a trend away form discs just like there were declining trends in VHS tapes, 8 track tapes, floppy disks, etc.  

Based on retail space devoted to optical discs at office supply chains,  space devoted to disc players in electronics store and statistics from the world wide web, it is "a trend".   Here in the USA we used to have huge disc rental chains and now we have small automated kiosks.   Netflix used to mail discs and now they "stream".   

If one wants to share a video, do we mail a disc or provide a file?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it had something to do with licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets worse: making a dvd is now only available on Window. Support for the Mac has been dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible idea! I'm now trying to find where to get 2018, or decent burner software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have Premiere Elements 14 installed in addition to 2021 just so I can use the Bluray authoring.  I don't think 2018 supported Bluray burning, only DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines