• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incompatible Display Driver - Tried fixes, but still won't open

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the "incompatible display driver" in Premiere Elements 15, however the display driver hasn't changed since I last opened it.  It all started when my computer crashed during an export of a project.  After the reboot, the error comes up.  After I click Ok, the program uses 100% CPU for about 4 minutes and then nothing happens.  The initializing window just disappears and my CPU process goes back down to 2%.

I've tried deleting the updating to the newest nVidia drivers, deleting the BadDrivers.txt file and reinstalling Premiere.  None of these actions worked so far.  Any other suggestions I could try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you've done this and it hasn't worked -- but it's the only solution, so I don't know what else to recommend.

1) Shut off the program.

2) Go the nVidia site and ensure that you've got the LATEST driver for your graphics card.

3) On Windows 10, turn on Show All Files in Folder Options and go to c://ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/15.0 and delete the BadDrivers.txt file. (If you have more than one version of the program on your computer, this file may also appear in ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements.)

4) Restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of that previous, but repeated the steps again.  Even uninstalled both, photoshop and premiere.  Still no resolution.

I can't find any other solutions during my search of the forums or via google either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue photo editor is fine and incompatible display driver when trying to run premiere, really need editing capabilities right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my issue with a really unacceptable method.  I reinstalled windows and used the default nVidia driver that came with the install file.

My driver version is 23.21.13.8813.  Perhaps, downgrade your driver to this one and it'll work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I decided to update the driver due to other software.  And I'm getting the error again.  Is there ANYTHING that can fix this that doesn't involve me unisntalling and reinstalling Windows again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 3.5 hours, I just got done with Adobe Remote Support.  Here are the results:

Preface: Premiere worked yesterday and doesn't work today.  Only thing that happened was a shutdown for bed and power on in the AM.

Adobe Remote Support was used.

1. The normal "fix" actions don't work.

2. If I log in with the embedded Administrator account, it will work.

3. Logging in with the regular user account and using "Run as Administrator" doesn't work.

4. ....I think my tech support got frustrated and just quit.  He disconnected without saying a word.  Haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have also tried many hours.. A shame shall I say. Also had the issue of it not working again after a shut down.

Try this route it's working for me atm C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 15\PremiereElementsEditor.exe

If it works right click the .exe file and create a short cut from there hth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines