• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Software Error message when trying to burn to DVD

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Windows 10 at the start of this year, Premiere Elements 11 had always worked fine prior to that. I can still "publish and share" slideshows/short dvds to Computer, but when I try to do so to DVD it Encodes to 100%, and then Burns to 99% before giving the message internal software error:%0,line%1

All my other programs work and I can burn music/data/photos to disc using standard windows 10 options, so it would appear to be something between Elements and the DVD drive?

I've made the project as small and uncomplex as possible to see if that helped, but even 4 photos with no menus or music gives the same result.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the program used to work and suddenly stopped when you upgraded your operating system, that would indicate it's more likely the operating system, wouldn't it?

Most likely the new Windows 10 drivers aren't interfacing with the disc drive. Did you go from a 32-bit to 1 64-bit operating system?

Try this: Assuming this disc drive came with the computer, go to your computer manufacturer's site (Dell, Compaq, HP) and look for support for your model of computer. Reinstall the drivers for the disc drive offered on this site.

If that doesn't do it, it could be a number of other things, but that fixes interface problems most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response (I initially posted in incorrect location, then reposted here and unfortunately couldn't delete original). Previously I had Windows 7 on this desktop - that was 64 bit too (https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Pavilion-G5418uk-Desktop-Processor/dp/B0056271MM). Upgrade to Windows 10 was done by a local computer shop rather than by me so unsure how drivers were sorted but can find out on Monday when they open.

HP website doesn't have a driver for Windows 10 to download (that I could find), so have right clicked to select Update Driver from within Device Manager, and it advises the best driver is already installed.

Everything else I'm using the cd/dvd drive for still works, it's just Elements that isn't.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now been in touch with the PC repair shop that did the upgrade, they said there aren't any specific drivers as it's just a plug and play disc drive, and because other software works with the drive it can't be that?

You mentioned that it could be a number of other things too?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what's causing the error.

Are you able to output an ISO file of your DVD rather than burn directly to disc? If you can, then the issue is how the program interfaces with your DVD burner. If you can't output an ISO, then something is going on on your timeline that we'll need to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Publish&Share drop down in PE I see options to create a DVD, export to Computer etc but can't see how to create an ISO. If I export to computer I end up with 2 files, one is an mpg file which plays the project fine, the other is an mpg.xmpses file.

I can't see a way to convert these files to an ISO - is there another way to do this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Export & Share/Disc and on the DVD burn option panel drop down the Type menu and select 4.7 gb ISO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option there for "Folder (4.7GB)" - it doesn't mention ISO, but is this the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've proceeded with the burn, and it produces the following files in a folder:-

AC3 file

M2V video file

XMP file

TMP file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - any other thoughts on what might fix this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you selected the option to burn a DVD to a folder, you should not have gotten m2v files. You should ahve gotten files with names like VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS,IFO, VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01-2.VOB, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files I mentioned above were created to Desktop so were easy to pick up as newly created. I've searched for the ones you've listed and have also now found a new folder from the same date/time in Documents that has some of those:-

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS (IFO)

VTS_01_0.BUP

VTS_01_0 (IFO)

VTS_01_1 (VOB)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a DVD. Now you can burn those files to a disc using a program like ImgBurn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, that's worked using ImgBurn to get that folder onto the dvd disc. Picture quality has suffered somewhere along the line from the original photos that were used to make the slideshow, but I guess I'll just have to start playing with settings.

Is the process the same to get dvds made if I upgrade to Photoshop and Premiere Elements 2020?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In version 2020, Burn to Folder is now Burn to ISO file, but other wise the process is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines