• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is saving section to file the only way to "mend" cuts?

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I "cut" up a clip, is there a way to "uncut" it or "mend" it so it doesn't have any cuts in it?I know I can select a segment, save it to an MP4 file, and re-insert it in the timeline but I was wondering if there is another way? Is it any different in Premiere Pro?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont need to save it as a mp4 first.

Just delete the segments and add the clip again to the timeline.

Or delete one segments and extend the other to fit the gap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite what I was asking, here's another pass at it: suppose I edit a long clip by cutting out a lot of segments. what I'm looking at it on the timeline I see a clip with a lot of cuts in it. I was wondering if there is a way to sort of "heal" all those cuts so I'm left with one smooth clip with no cuts. I'm pretty sure the answer is save it as an MP4 and re-introduce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see. Why dont you want those cuts. That is called editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that's what editing is but personally, there comes a time after I've chopped up a clip that I'd like to turn it into a nice clean clip with no cuts for a number of reasons, one would be so I could adjust the volume or turn down the video to let something in another track come through, or just start cutting it again without lots of other cuts to get in the way. I'm surprised no one has asked for something like that. I think it would be a useful feature. Sounds like saving to MP4 is the only way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your intended goals, saving to an MP4 seems to be the only way to do it withing Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like saving to MP4 is the only way.

For you it is. I would never do that.

Normally I put audio transitions between the cuts so they dont sound  abrupt.

Which you cannot correct in one long mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines