• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a default audio library in Premiere Elements 2018?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I was about to add audio over my videos and upon clicking the icon, I realized there is NOTHING. Is this the case? Because PE 12 didn't have this issue.

If PE 2018 really doesn't have any available audio, please advise where I can download and add audio. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by an "audio library"?

Are you looking for music? Sound effects? Something else?

Where are you looking? What icon are you clicking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a music note symbol/icon in the right margin.  Selecting will give you a menu of computerized music and sound effects.  To keep from taking storage space, the tracks must be brought in through an internet connection.   They can be downloaded individually or all at once.  

An alternative way to add music is to use "Add Media" exactly like you would with video clips or image files.   WAV or MP3 files work well.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the icon I was referring to. Sorry about the confusion.

So when I click onto that icon, the menu is empty. Why is this so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the menu bar at the top? Or, nothing?  Can you post a screen shot?

One guess is that the music tracks did not install if there was a shortage of hard disk space.  How much spare space do you have?

It may help if you try a re-install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. I actually attached a screenshot at my earlier post. Can you see it? It may take some time to load.

My SSD is 512GB and I only have PE and microsoft office in my laptop. It's brand new and I tried re-installing twice and still, nada. I'm attaching my screenshot here again. Please have a look:

pescreenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no logical explanation.  It should be there.  The only thing I can think of is to try a re-install....except that you've tried that twice. 

Where did the installation files come from?  Download, disc or other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My music files are already copied to my computer so I can't test this.  Could it be that you are not signed in to your account in the Help menu?  Have you fully registered with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what whsprague referred to. Apologies for the confusion. So upon clicking the music icon, my menu is empty. Kindly look at my screenshot.

pescreenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I started with a trial version and eventually paid for the full software. The trial did not include the full set of music files (probably since it was a trial and didn't have full set of features), but should have been updated to provide full features.

If I were to uninstall, should i re-download the entire full version? Maybe this would help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines