• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC importing video corruption

New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PE 2019 for about 6 months and have noticed several small problems.

Importing a .mov file created in a TV studio from Tricaster that has been saved to my SSD only the audio is imported. I can successfully import this file to PE 14. I can Share the file as a .mov file and this file will import to PE2019.  I can work with the new file in PE14 or PE2019 without problems. The original file plays fine with Quick Time Player.

I have a friend who has the same problem with the Tricaster .mov files.

Does anyone know if Adobe has changed the file type that can be imported/exported? Is there a setting I am missing?

My system is an Imac running OS X Mojave 10.14.5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

The codec inside your "MOV" container file is "apco".  Googling for that leads direct to a codec specific to the Apple world of Final Cut Pro.  I have no experience with a Tricaster so don't know what to recommend.  But, if you want Premiere Elements as your editor, you'll need to change the output of the Tricaster or convert the video. 

I have no idea why Version 14 could handle a FCP format.  It probably has to do with Apple license fees related to using Quicktime things. 

It might be that the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on the specs of the video file. MOVs, like AVIs, can be made up of any of dozens of codecs and compression systems.

Open one of your problematic videos in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report that it generated and paste it to this forum. Once we see what  your video file is made of we may better be able to make recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one of the files that when imported to PE 2019, only the audio file imports. It will play in the Quicktime player.

This file is from a IMac screen save. You can notice where I added text the screen turns to a green screen.

I appreciate any info you can provide.

Jerry Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I sent a .jpg by mistake. Here is an actual screen capture video.

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry,

Please try again....  It should look something like this sample from a Panasonic camera: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I do it right this time? I only sent the first file. The one that would only import the sound track to PE 2019.

Jerry

General

Complete name : /Users/Jerry/BET1221 What is Treatment Court/Capture0000.mov

Format : QuickTime

Format/Info : Original Apple specifications

File size : 22.7 GiB

Duration : 50mn 54s

Overall bit rate mode : Constant

Overall bit rate : 63.9 Mbps

Encoded date : UTC 2003-05-21 14:21:32

Tagged date : UTC 2003-05-21 14:21:32

Writing library : Apple QuickTime

Video

ID : 1

Format : ProRes

Format version : Version 0

Format profile : 422 Proxy

Codec ID : apco

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 45.4 Mbps

Width : 1 920 pixels

Clean aperture width : 1 888 pixels

Height : 1 080 pixels

Clean aperture height : 1 062 pixels

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Clean aperture display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate mode : Constant

Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) fps

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2

Scan type : Interlaced

Scan type, store method : Interleaved fields

Scan order : Top Field First

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.730

Stream size : 16.1 GiB (71%)

Writing library : bmd1

Language : English

Color primaries : BT.709

Transfer characteristics : BT.709

Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio

ID : 2

Format : PCM

Format settings : Little / Signed

Codec ID : lpcm

Bit rate mode : Constant

Bit rate : 18.4 Mbps

Channel(s) : 16 channels

Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

Bit depth : 24 bits

Stream size : 6.55 GiB (29%)

Language : English

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The codec inside your "MOV" container file is "apco".  Googling for that leads direct to a codec specific to the Apple world of Final Cut Pro.  I have no experience with a Tricaster so don't know what to recommend.  But, if you want Premiere Elements as your editor, you'll need to change the output of the Tricaster or convert the video. 

I have no idea why Version 14 could handle a FCP format.  It probably has to do with Apple license fees related to using Quicktime things. 

It might be that the (free) Handbrake program can convert the FCP format to something more universal.

In Adobe's defence, Premiere Elements is aimed at the amateurs that use consumer cameras to shoot video.  It does not aim Elements at the Tricaster using professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I will now be able to contact the TV station that records our programs and ask with some authority that they output to a different format.

Without the information I am just another geek who doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My hunch is that the most universal high quality format now is one using the H.264 codec in an MP4 container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines