• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media off-line

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waarom verschijnen in plaats van de frames in de tijdlijn van Adobe Premiere Elements 18 rode vlakken met daarin Media off-line?

Hoe repareer ik dit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your video files located?

Did you move your video files?

Are the video files on an external hard drive not connected to the computer?

If they are on an external drive, did you assign a fixed drive letter to the drive in Windows using Disk Management?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob,

there are about two files who did not work (media off-line)

Other video's are working perfect in the timeline.

In Projectelement I see all the motion-frames but instead of pictures I see red an arrow that points upwarts and an green arrow

that points downwards

In the Timeline I see red frames with the text 'media offline' instead of the motion-pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have probably moved, modified or changed the name of those two files.   That is the normal message when that has happened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right but I can't remember when this happened.

Is there a way to restore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a way to restore.  When you open the video a dialog should show up that lets you "re-link" to where the original footage is.  You may need to use the search feature to find the file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search feature says:

'there are no previous versions available'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project Assets Panel, try right clicking on the missing clip and if there is an option to relink, click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I moved some files around to check the work flow for this.  I'm using version 2018.

If I move a source clip with Explorer to a different location a dialog box opens when I open a project that says I need to find the file.

If I ignore that and go on into the project, a similar window opens when I right click in the Project Assets box on the missing clip and select "Replace Footage".  There is not a "Relink Footage" choice.

Both have a search box where you can type or paste the file name and it will search your entire computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines