• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Offline after updating Premiere Elements

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the middle of two different products with Premiere Elements 18. Because my Adobe products are offered to me through my university, I have to put in a new access code once a year.  Because I only had an access code for Elements 19, I downloaded the new version. Since downloading it, my project files say "media offline". The location of all of my video clips have not changed, but when I am asked where they are located, it says "file importer reported a generic error". When I try to reimport each of the clips, they still say media offline. When I searched the forums, the suggestion was to clear the media cache and let it rebuild overnight. I tried that, but I still have no luck. I've been having a new problem every week, and I thought that by updating Premiere it would be the end of my woes. This has already not been the case.

What else can I try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my books as well as on this forum, we always recommend completing any video project in the version of Premiere Elements you started it in. The program is not guaranteed to be backward compatible, and opening a project started in an older version of the program might even corrupt the project.

What happens if you re-open the project file in Premiere Elements 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the media files?  Local disk?  Server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files are just in a folder on my Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but I can't open 18 anymore because I needed a new serial number to continue access through my school.  Because 19 has been released, my school only has a serial number for 19, not for 18.

I wasn't able to complete the project before I needed to re-register my program.  It requires a new serial number once a year, but it does not give me very much advance notice of when it will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines