• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge multiple Premeire Elements projects (.prel) with adjusted clip edits

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to merge/combine multiple Premeire Elements projects (.prel) with clip edits and adjustments into a single Elements Project, retaining the clip editing & clip adjustments for future editing prior to finalizing and video output? Note! There is no option for file> importing; only 'open project' with Premiere Elements, with access only to one project at a time..

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Not in Premiere Elements. The only option is to  output each project as an MP4 and then join the videos in a final mix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in Premiere Elements. The only option is to  output each project as an MP4 and then join the videos in a final mix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that if you use Premiere Pro, but not Premiere Elements, as Steve has said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve for the quick reply. I am aware of combining into a new project; however, only with complete loss of all movie clip cuts, edits, and adjustments, which will entail additional time to cut clips for arranging in planned category order.

I can't believe that Adobe, for creating powerful software, has never developed such a basic and desirable 'merge/combine' feature that preserves all of the preliminary edits of clip cutting, adjustments, etc..

Thanks again for the straight forward and prompt reply which fully answers my question, as I could not find anything on the internet/forums that fully addressed the issue of .prel files.

Also, Thanks to Bob P for the follow up. Much appreciated to clarify the issue/problem.

Jerry G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can't believe that Adobe, for creating powerful software, has never developed such a basic and desirable 'merge/combine' feature that preserves all of the preliminary edits of clip cutting, adjustments, etc.."

Well, they have. That's one of the differences between Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements. icon_wink.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merge multiple Premeire Elements projects (.prel) with adjusted clip edits (from Jerry Gildemeister)

I tried the workaround suggested by Steve_Grisetti but I get quality problems. In the final mix export clip, I see on the bottom of the video screen at the cross fadings a vertical bar overlapping the video. It looks like the program has problems to render a mp4 clip a second time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines