• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Menu button stuck at 04;29

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My videos are done and I'm making a DVD.

The motion menu button for the Scenes is stuck at 00;00;04;29 and I would like for it to be around 30 seconds instead of 4.

My sound menu button is set at 29;29.  So whenever I set the motion menu button at 29;29 also, it just reverts back to 4;29 or 4;22.

My background picture is still.

Am I doing something wrong?  Overlooking something?

I have Prem. El. 15, Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The loop for your button can only be as long as the shorter of your audio or video clip.

You say your menu page background is a still photo. What are you using for your audio background and how long is it?

If you load a longer musical clip for your menu page background, the loop should be longer  and possibly as long as 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw that mentioned somewhere before.  But I mentioned that the sound (audio) button is at 29;29.  So it's longer than the motion button.  I've tried a variety of shorter times for the motion button from 29;29 (preferred) down, but 4;29 is too short.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I did not check the box "Apply default transition before loop".

And I have 6 menu buttons on my Scene page (just one Scene page), I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Also, I just closed the Prem. Elements and restarted it, that didn't change it either.

Elisabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't said what audio or music you're using for your menu background or how long it is, but it would be helpful to know.

Meantime, what happens if you use (and as experiment) a video clip rather than a still photo as your background?

4:29 is essentially 5 seconds, which is the default duration of a still photo on your timeline. That shouldn't affect the way a photo behaves as a menu background, but it's too specific to be a coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a jazz music mp3 that's in a file on my computer and it's 3 minutes and 51 seconds long.

At your suggestion, I substituted a video for the still photo.  The video was 18 seconds long.  The audio automatically switched to 18 seconds to match it.  And the menu button stayed at 4:29.  Tried to change it to 18 seconds, and it won't stay.  Even when I wait for it to auto-save at 18 sec., it switches back to 4:29.  Same at 16 or 17 seconds, it switches back.

When I test the Scene page button motion on the "Preview Disc", the button motion seems to last about 7 or 8 seconds into each video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I have no idea what is going on, Elisabeth. Clearly something is triggering the program to give you a 5 second loop rather than a 30 second loop. But I've never experienced anything like this and don't know what else to recommend.

BTW, we ARE talking about the menu background duration, right? We're not talking about motion menus -- the loops for the individual scene thumbnails on the page. Because that's very different, as you can see in this illustration.

MotionMenuduration.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about the motion menu buttons for the Scenes page.  (I have six thumbnail buttons that show the videos linked to them.)  My menu for that Scenes page looks like your screen shot, with the duration of the motion menu buttons at 4;29.  Except the audio duration on my menu is at 29;29.  And it's the 4;29 that I can't change to a longer time.  It reverts back to 4:29 with my next click anywhere or auto-save. 

Thank you for your effort in understanding my problem and sending the screen shot.  It's not a big problem, but the motion would be better with a longer duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are talking about the Motion Menu Button duration, as in my illustration. As you can see that is ALWAYS set to 5 seconds (or 4:29). The looping image for the buttons can't be set longer than that.

As you can see in my illustration, the Menu Background duration is right below the menu page background audio. That will be the length of your audio and video, but no longer than 30 seconds.

Is it this Menu Background duration you can't extend past 4:29?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My menu audio background is set at 29;29.  That's fine.

The motion menu buttons that you show (on your screen shot) at 4;29, that's the one I can not change apparently.  I thought I could.  I have done my videos in Prem. Elem. for years, but I used to do the DVD menu & burn in Roxio.  I could choose 20 or 30 seconds in Roxio for the motion buttons, so I thought I could do this here, too.  I guess not.  (My old Roxio software is not working anymore, so I'm using Prem. Elem. now for menu & burn.)

Anyway, the 5 seconds are enough to get the button motion out of the beginning transition of the video, so I'll just have to accept it.  Thank you Steve for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines