• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Narration with two headsets, Premiere Elements 2021.

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to do narration with two headsets at the same time? I would prefer to have separate naration tracks, but would settle for just one.

TOPICS
Audio , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're recording directly into the program using the Narration tool, you can only have one audio input at a time.

If you record each audio track individually outside the program, however, you can add they WAV files to the timeline and mix them any way you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve.  This will likely be a solution for some situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You caught me on a day that I'm researching how to feed two mics into an Zoom H1n external audio recorder that has only one input.   It appears that something like this Y-cable/splitter might work for you.   The assumption is that your headsets use the four contacts on a TTRS plug.   Other adapters I found are TRS (three contacts) to TTRS.  

Good luck!

https://www.amazon.com/MillSO-Headset-Splitter-TRRS-Headphones/dp/B07569QKQQ/ref=pd_vtp_1?pd_rd_w=N1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, given the response from Steve Grisetti, indicating only one input at a time is possible with narration, your suggestion sounds like the best solution for the majority of my projects.  I have yet to purchase headsets, so I will be sure to look for headsets and a splitter that are compatible. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

FYI, I will primarily use this for my wife and I to narrate old Super 8 silent videos that have been converted to digital.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron,

Considering that you don't have to perfectly syncronize the new audio to the old video, you might consider trying an external audio recorder.   It may be much easier, with potentially better results.   I like the Zoom H1n recorder.   Even a simple mic plugged into your phone could work.   Watch a couple YouTubes on the H1n and see what you think.  Adding an audio track is easy to do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill, The H1n looks like a very interesting option. I looked at some of the YouTube videos. Very impressive. Thank you for the additional option. This is an excellent option to go along with the response from Steve Grisetti. You and Steve make a good team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines