• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Premiere Elements 2020 - Extremely slow render time

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it normal for Premiere Elements 2020 to estimate that it will take 120 hours to render and quick save an hour long project? That seems unreasonably long and I'm not feeling my purchase was money well-spent. I'm using Mac OS 10.15.1 on a MacBook Pro 13 inch with four thunderbolt ports (late 2016), processor: 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, ram: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB, and more than 100 GB free to create the 2.8 GB final file. I saw a suggestion to turn off Hardware acceleration, that made no difference after a restart. I saw a suggestion to clear the cache, no difference. It's a fresh install of the software, and this was the first project I tried to create.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean export, not render.

100 GB may not be enough free space.  What is your hard drive setup (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I select quick export and the next thing the interface says is rendering. That's when the timer runs up to 120 hours. I left it run for several since many apps don't estimate time correctly, and it only decreased by a couple hours. It's a terabyte SSD, and nothing else is connected. I set the cache to 10gb and emptied it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100 GB free may not be enough for the system to create temporary files needed for the export. Try freeing up same space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I freed up over 300 GB. I selected Quick Export again. At first it said 3.5 hours which seemed reasonable for an hour video, then moments later, it jumped to 6, then 16, and when it hit 18 hours I hit cancel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What effects and transitions are you using?

Any third party effects?

How many tracks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines