• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie needs help with PE 2020

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  Working on my first project on Premiere Elements 2020.  Using Quick Mode since I'm new to this.  I have sequenced my photos and videos.  While in the process of choosing and applying transitions and text to key frames the bar above the preview bar turned a pale yellow and now has a message saying "edit in expert edit" and I can no longer add text to desired frames.  (The T box that normally appears above the frame has been replaced by the yellow bar I mentioned).  Not confident about switching to expert mode at this point.  Any ideas how to continue in Quick Mode?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premiere Elements forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was completely thrown off by the "Home > Premiere Elements" link at the top of the page, so I thought I was in the right place.  Got a link to where you've moved my inquiry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you added "text to key frames" but you may well have activated a feature that can only work in Expert View.

Can you post a screen capture of this yellow bar on your timeline so we can see what's up?

Meantime, don't be afraid of Expert View. The program in either view is pretty user friendly. Quick View just offers fewer options in order to streamline your editing. Have a look at my 8 part Basic Training tutorial series. It should ease some of your fears about moving to Expert View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Steve.  Attached is the screencapture of the entire screen.  By adding "text to key frames" I merely meant I that I was adding text to CERTAIN desired frames, and only a few at that.  At the point where that bar I referred to appeared I didn't attempt to do anything I hadn't been doing up until that point.  My workflow, (if you can call it that), consisted of; 

1. putting my desired photos and videos in the order I desired,

2.  Putting in the transtitions between photos/videos-starting at the beginning and,

3.  Adding text to certain frames, starting at the beginning.

I didn't attempt to do anything new or different when this bar with the "edit in expert edit" direction appeared.  Thanks for your response.  I'm hoping you can shine some light on this for me.

EdPE2020 SC.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately your screen capture is so small I can't see what is going on on your timeline.

But as I said, Quick View is very limited. Even adding a title or clip that creates another video track is beyond what you can do in Quick View. 

Have you explored Expert View? It's nothing to be afraid of (especially after you've gone through my Basic Training tutorials).

Once you switch over to Expert View, the situation that triggered your message will likely be immediately obvious. (Or you can post a screen capture of your Expert View timeline to this forum and we'll be able to tell you.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines