• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently editing a video in Premier Elements 9 and whilst I was editing everything was going fine. I saved the project, waited a while, closed the window then shut my computer down. When I turned my computer on a few hours later and went back into the project I noticed that the audio track for the video was now no longer displaying the "squiggly lines" in the audio bar (audio bar was expanded to see these lines).

I checked that my audio on my computer was up. It was, 100% volume.

I checked the original video in my files and found that it had audio.

I have not muted the audio nor have I separated it from the video.

I also checked other projects and found that they did not suffer this audio loss. They all played the correct audio.

What can cause this to happen and is there a fix that I can do to get the audio to work again or do I have to start all over with a new project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walker 21. What OS (PC or Mac) are you using and what is the OS version? What video source are you using? (Mov? MP4? ... Wav?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently running Windows 10 version 1803.

The videos are all in .MP4 format. However there will be some .MOV files added for the B role content.

I have recently duplicated this same project in order to try some trouble shooting.

One thing that I did in the first project was change the playback settings in the Project Settings to have the video play back at half resolution in order to speed up my edit time.

For the new project I did not change any of my project settings and I have now been able to save, close and open it multiple times and still have the audio in the project.

I am not sure if changing the above setting would effect the audio but this was just a little bit of information that I forgot to mention previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines