• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Orange indicator line

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my videos on my timeline have a orange indicator line above the video including the first video.   Do I need to worry about this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means that you may need to render the timeline for smooth preview playback.  If you can play it back OK, then no action is necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project settings are configured based upon the first video I put on my timeline true? What if the first video has an orange indicator line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project settings are configured based upon the first video I put on my timeline true?

True.

Either your computer is not powerful enough to play back without rendering or the media doesn't match a standard Premiere Elements preset.  What are the media properties and where is it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frame rate 30.00

imagine size 1080x1920

Taken from an Iphone

My computer plays the video fine in the project it just has an orange line above the video on my timeline which confuses me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reedw54764204  wrote

My computer plays the video fine in the project it just has an orange line above the video on my timeline which confuses me.

Download the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot of the media properties in tree view:

MediaInfo - Download

It may not be constant frame rate, but variable frame rate, in which case you may want to convert it to constant frame rate with HandBrake to avoid problems with the clip in the future:

https://handbrake.fr/

EDIT:  I was assuming the video was in landscape.  Is it landscape or portrait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just seeing the other part of you question.  The video is  Portrait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is why you get an orange line.  There is no timeline preset for portrait.

Have a look at this thread:

muvipix Community • View topic - PSA: Video standards still matter online

and this video:

Vertical Video Syndrome - A PSA - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answers and provided helpful links.  I will never again take a video in portrait.  THANK YOU! So if the first video I put on my timeline doesn't have a matched preset what do I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have orange lines connected to the above timeline from the original time line which moves the upper time line to sync with below . How can I disable this ? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines