Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2024 Asset Pin is not pinning

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

Anyone know a trick in Premiere Elements 2024 that forces Project Assets window to be pinned to the screen?

Ive tried both the Pin view icon greyed out and with a white background but neither Pin the Asset window. to the screen.

is it a bug or is there a secret overide?

Cheers

Allan

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the pin icon on the Project Assets panel if clicked off, the panel will close as soon as you click anywhere else in the program.

When the pin is clicked on, the panel will remain open until you click on the Project Assets tab at the top left of the interface.

What beyond that are you trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,
Sorry for badly describing the problem.

The Projects Assets window is now linked to the position it opens in on the actual Monitor screen and not in anyway linked to the PE "window" .

It can be enlarged, shrunk, displayed or hidden but not moved. To move it, it must be Closed - then the whole PE window moved to where you guess it will open. Click the Project Assets drop down to open it. Now move the PE Window back to its previous position. The Project Assets window will stay exactly where it was opened. It won't move, as its not linked to the PE window .

It's quiet odd to see it seemingly completely independent of PE.

regards
Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I've never notice before.

It does seem to be unique to the latest version of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, as youve never noticed it, its not going to annoy you the way it does me.

Just wondering how you use your monitor/monitors?

Although i have 2 monitors I find it difficult to work  as the displayed video gets so small.

I wonder if it works to turn the monitor to portrait...

Cheers

Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried splitting the program into two workspaces by going to Window/Dual Monitor Workspace?

This breaks the timeline into its own floating window. You can put it on one monitor and keep the rest of the interface (including a big Monitor panel) on the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines