• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE14: Cannot Render Timeline Any More!

Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been happily working on a project in PE14 (on a  WIN7 PC) but today when I click the Render button just

above the timeline (I use Expert Mode) it does not render - it just starts playing the video thats being worked on.

There is no continuous horizontal orange line above the timeline - its just orange above some of the texts

that are on the video 2 line.  There is even a short green line.

Yesterday (or day before) I could happily render - but it appears not to do so any more!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

It shows "ZIRKUMFLEX" (Circumflex = ^)

This symbol is at the top-left of the main part of the keyboard.

As a test I moved the end-video "lozenge" somewhat to the left & pressed the "^" key.

The "lozenge" moved to the end of the video as you predicted & the scale was changed

(reduced) so that the entire timeline appeared on the screen.

How I got into the state where the "lozenges" were not at the start & end of the video is a mystery but at least we know how to get out of it on a system with a non-Eng

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rendering works perfectly in a second video I am working on.

The behavious in the first video is as if PE14 believes there is nothing to render (but there is - not only

due to the orange lines but I have moved text withing the timeline).

I suspect I have changed some option / property without realising it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the Work Area Bar over the segment of the timeline you want to render?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't understand your response.

Here part of a screenshot:

Clip-1.jpg

You see the orange bar above the text box.  When I click "Render" (near right picture margin half way up)

It immediately starts to play the view.

I suppose I could delete all the temporary files leaving just the raw videos & the project file & start PE again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the time indicator along the top of the timeline is dark gray. That means that the Work Area Bar is not over your entire movie.

Press the \ key (above Enter). This will fit your whole movie on the timeline. You'll be able to see the Work Area Bar (light gray), which is only partly over your movie. To expand it to cover your entire movie, double-click on the time indicator along the top of the timeline. Once the Work Area Bar is over your entire movie, you'll be able to render it.

By default the Work Area Bar will automatically grow and shrink to cover your entire movie. But if you manually set it to cover only a portion of your movie, it no longer automatically resizes and you'll need to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly I have a German keyboard & the back-slash is on the question-mark key via ALT-Gr (whatever that is on an English keyboard.

However "something" happened and the time indicator changed to light grey & the Render button worked.

I probably clicked something by accident...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing the backslash (\) key on my German keyboard had no visible effect.

This morning when I loaded the project I noticed two "lozenges" in the grey area above the timeline:

Clip-2.jpg

I manually moved this one to the end of the movie.

There was a second one a few "minutes" the the left which I manually moved to the start of the movie.

On pressing Render it rendered 28 Video Previews & all clips where I had added text now have green bars above.

I suspect I clicked on something by accident which had an unintended effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad we could help you find the solution. Please mark this question as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I finally close this topic - Steve mentioned usung the backslash ( \ ) key that is above "Enter" (presumably on an English keyboard).

Backslash on a German keyboard (I live in DE hence my desktop has a DE keyboard for the local additional characters) had no visible effect - the backslash shares the question-mark key on the top row of the main set of keys (near right-hand side).  See here for a German Keyboard Layout (in Wikipedia) - mine is very similar.

Any suggestions for what might have had the required effect when using this keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the program's Edit menu, open Keyboard Customization. Under Factory Defaults/Application, toggle open the Help listing. What is listed under Fit Visible to Timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows "ZIRKUMFLEX" (Circumflex = ^)

This symbol is at the top-left of the main part of the keyboard.

As a test I moved the end-video "lozenge" somewhat to the left & pressed the "^" key.

The "lozenge" moved to the end of the video as you predicted & the scale was changed

(reduced) so that the entire timeline appeared on the screen.

How I got into the state where the "lozenges" were not at the start & end of the video is a mystery but at least we know how to get out of it on a system with a non-English keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mark this question correctly answered, Hotelechomike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines