• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playbak in video editor (Premier Elements 2019)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While editing and playing back the video player keeps stopping.  I have to keep hitting the play button (or space bar) to keep it playing.  This was not a problem before and I do not know if there is a setting to have it play continuously unless I hit the pause button.  Help please!  and Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Interesting.  That seemed to have done the trick.  I greatly appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually an indication that some background process is interrupting the program. Sometimes this is an indication that you have a virus or other malware. Sometimes it's an indicator that your antivirus software is being overly aggressive. Sometimes it's something else.

You may be able to identify the culprit by opening your Task Manager and leaving it open as you play your video. With your list set to display in order of CPU usage, watch for Apps that are at work, and watch for Background Processes that are moving to the top of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I gave it a try and it did not work, although I cannot swear I did it exactly right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an antivirus program other than Windows Defender?

If you look through the processes running in the Task Manager, do you see any you don't recognize?

Which is taking the most CPU when your playback is interrupted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply.  I am using Norton Security Suite.  Top CPU users are WD Backup Engine 14.5%  (Western Digital server that back up my files -- seems high for what it does), Service Host:Suprefetch (not a clue, only 1.4%), Desktop Window Manager 1.2%, Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 0.9%, and all others less than that.

Of course it changes constantly but those are the main ones (others being Microsoft Edge, Norton Security, Dell Dock, att programs I have been running for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn off your antivirus, does your playback shut off in Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting.  That seemed to have done the trick.  I greatly appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines