• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRE .m2t slideshow with bad transitions

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal is a videofilm-slide show in full hd in .m2t for max. quality; display on lcd full hd tv 1920x1080p via ext. HD > MediaPlayer.

Problem is that horizontal lines (and details mainly) are very fibrating before, during and after a transition (eg. cross fade); after deleting transitions picture is more stable.

My work-flow (in brief): RAW pictures > PSE 14 > 1920px*1080px > unsharp mask > save as PSD; PRE 14 > new project: Pal > AVCHD 1080p 50, or DSLR 1080p 25 > hardware acceleration disabled; pre-rendering slideshow; export & sharing  settings: computer > HD 1080 > m2t–h.264 > quality high.

Please advise, and tell me what I did wrong. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than Windows Media Player, download the free VLC Media Player and see if you see the same issues.

Even better if you can post a sample of your slideshow to YouTube and post a link to it so we can see this issue ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve for your reaction. I’m using an external HD and a (hardware based) Philips Media Player for presentations on full HD LCD TV’s. Mentioned transistion problems are on software based media players (eg. Windows & VLC) ánd hardware based media players (eg. Eminent); in addition I’ve done tests with different TV-sets. My concl. is that the problem is within the PRE content.

For your info I’ve made a small test-video; please ref. to :    https://youtu.be/ZIWAFjzkqgg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post to Steve Grisetti.

Dear Steve, I did what you suggested; please read my post dated Aug. 6th regarding the bad transistions in m2t video. On HD displaymaterials you easily can see the problem I mentioned (please see my YouTube video dated Aug.11.

In addition I will appriciate your advise regarding my ‘work-flow’; what did I wrong?  Thanks, erics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Steve, I did what you suggested; please read my post dated Aug. 6th regarding the bad transistions in m2t video. On HD displaymaterials you easily can see the problem I mentioned (please see my YouTube video dated Aug.11.

In addition I will appriciate your advise regarding my ‘work-flow’; what did I wrong? Thanks, erics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched both videos you linked to on August 11 and your transitions look fine to me. Very nice cross dissolves. What am I supposed to be seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to make it clearer I’ve made some ‘snips’ from the video; hopefully it’s helping. Most of the cross-fade transitions are very vibrating just before, during and after the transition. Applying ‘shutter-effect’ or ‘sliding-effect’ or even ‘none’ transition’ the pictures are stable.

I’ve done the tests on several (PAL) TV-sets and computer monitors, with and without Media-Players. Since it’s not visible for you to see what I mean, I’m questioning or it maybe has to do with PAL/ NTSC? I hope you can help me. Thanks. akl_before&after transakl_before&after transakl_during transakl_during transgate_during transgate_during transroof_before&after transroof_before&after transroof_during transroof_during transwindows_before&after transwindows_before&after transwindows_during transwindows_during transgate_before&after transgate_before&after trans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, do you have already an idea about the reason of my noticed problems with the transition of stills in a .m2t video? Hopefully the ‘snips’ I’ve sent to you were helpful. Looking forward to yr. reply  Thanks, Erics (note: from Sept.5th. I’m off-line for 3 weeks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you set up a ntsc project and playing this on a pal tv then there could be an issue.

Pal is 25 or 50 fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann for yr reply. However, in my post dated Aug. 6th I mentioned: Work flow > RAW pictures > PSE 14 > 1920px*1080px > unsharp mask > save as PSD; PRE 14 > new project: Pal > AVCHD 1080p 50, or DSLR 1080p 25 > hardware acceleration disabled; pre-rendering slideshow; export & sharing settings: computer > HD 1080 > m2t–h.264 > quality high.

In my post Aug 19 I said "NTSC/Pal" because I thought that you maybe do the tests with NTSC; sorry for my 'stupid' remark. I hope you noticed the problems in my video. Please tell me what's wrong in my work-flow. Do you have any idea?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded your example and watched it frame for frame: cannot see anything wrong with it.

Guessing it something on your computer.

Use a proper media player like VLC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

After approx. 3 weeks off-line, herewith my reaction and suggestion. I did some tests on different H.Q. sets (so, not my own pc’s) and judged the transitions:

• VLC is not the answer (result the same); I’m focused on ext. HD > hardware media player > HDMI > full hd tv 1929*1080p
  • I’ve visited one of the most important p.c. shops in town; result is same (so bad)
  • I’ve visited also important A/V shop and did the test on 4K and 8K TV sets; result as known (so bad)
  • In addition, a test has been done again on a h.q. computer (Apple) >> please see attached pictures
  • I compared the original .m2ts file with  https://youtu.be/ZIWAFjzkqgg.; on speed 0.25 also. The quality of this video is on much lower level than the original. I hope you have an idea how to investigate the original .m2t film; please let me know (if you prefer so, per email is O.K. too)

Thanks again, Erics  Screenshot 2020-09-29 at 21.45.38 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-09-29 at 21.45.47 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-09-29 at 21.43.06 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-09-29 at 21.43.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry cannot help you any further as I dont see anything wrong on my side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel sorry too. It’s understood that the experts not picked-up the issue I clearly indicated beginning of Aug. ’20. In addition to the video, I’ve sent to you 2 times ‘self-explaining’ photos. No reaction at all from yr side on my work-flow. After spending months and a lot of hours I stop this communication (and most probably working with PRE) now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines