Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 15 play button does nothing

New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys!

When I open up my Premier Elements 15, and import some files to start editing a project, the video files show up in the timeline just fine.  However, the play button does not work.  When I press play I get absolutely no action from video or audio.  Nothing happens at all.

Can you guys tell me how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? Which processor do you have with how much RAM?

Which model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is this video's format and resolution?

When you first add your video to your timeline, do you see a yellow orange "render" line above the video? This is an indication that your project settings are not properly matched to your video specs.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Home 10 64 bit

Intel Core i7-7500U Processor

One terrabite of memory

Sony DSC-W800

I do not get any orange render line.

AVI file

720p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what codec that little camera is using to create those AVIs. It could well be MJPEG, which can be a challenge for the program. So I'm surprised you don't see a render line.

Under the program's Edit menu, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings?

If you'd like to explore this further, open one of your AVIs in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy and paste the report it generates to this forum. Once we get more details, we'll have a better clue what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the info senor!

General
Complete name                            : C:\Users\Manny Manny\Pictures\2018 05 21\MOV00177.AVI
Format                                   : AVI
Format/Info                              : Audio Video Interleave
File size                                : 680 MiB
Duration                                 : 4 min 15 s
Overall bit rate                         : 22.4 Mb/s

Video
ID                                       : 0
Format                                   : JPEG
Codec ID                                 : MJPG
Bit rate                                 : 22.3 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 30.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:2
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.805
Stream size                              : 677 MiB (100%)

Audio
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : ADPCM
Format profile                           : U-Law
Codec ID                                 : 7
Codec ID/Hint                            : CCITT
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 88.2 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 1 channel
Sampling rate                            : 11.025 kHz
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Stream size                              : 2.68 MiB (0%)
Interleave, duration                     : 33  ms (1.00 video frame)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. It's an MJPEG AVI all right.

MJPEGs are videos that either work perfectly or they don't. And if they don't, you can't really make them work.

My recommended solution is to use the free download HandBrake to convert those AVIs into MP4s. Then they'll work flawlessly in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not mind doing that if the problem were one or a few videos.  My computer was updated and then over night the player went from good operation to not doing anything with any video.  None of my couple hundred videos work in this program now.  The vast majority of which were edited with this program and all of which were shot on that same camera.  A program that I paid a bunch of money for and now is worthless in months.  I appreciate your help, but I will probably have to buy another editing software if this thing is going to be this way.  Very disappointed in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

The preview window does not work. Press play and nothing.

Drag an asset in, doesn't have to be a video, tried photos and music; press play and nothing at all happens.

Even in the asset window, when you double click to open a preview it does not play.

Working absolutely fine until the latest W10 update i performed yesterday; and already spent a day trying to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve Grisetti for trying to help us figure out the issue.  I called customer support and the guy ran through my computer and downloaded audio stuff that I needed.  He explained to me that the reason that my Premier elements 15 did not work after the update was because I had the wrong audio set up.  Which rendered both audio and sound capabilities inoperable.  Adobe customer support ran through my computer for free and set up my audio and got it running for me!  Thank you Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

how did you contact customer support? Every time I go through their support page it simply directs me to forums.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great news, manuel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that today (11/9) and they no longer offer the phone or chat as contact option for troubleshooting Elements.webpage.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tte,

Adobe Customer Care does offer "Chat" support for current versions.   I don't recall that phone support has existed for a long time.

What version are you seeking help for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PE 2019

For some reason the chat option does not show up for me as shown in the screen cap.

The source material is JPG, RAW stills and MP4 video from a Sony Alpha 65 DLSR.

I posted on another thread about the same issue but here is some basic info

Dell G3 laptop

Nvidia GeForce 1050 Ti 4Gb RAM

Intel core i7-8750H

16 Gb RAM

If i manually scrub the timeline, the preview window displays the content correctly. Whether I render or not, i cannot play the project either with the button on the preview window or hitting the space bar. Using the same source material in PE 13 on the same machine works fine.

i got PE 2019 because of issues with creating an ISO image with 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turned off hardware acceleration and that seems to have solved the play problem. i have no audio output from the project so that is the next thing i need to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spoke too soon. tried a new project and got the same problem. can't play the video but can scrub. no sound

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, based on another post i tried installing ASIO drivers. after a reboot things seem to be working fine. i don't know if the drivers had anything to do with it but i still have hardware acceleration turned off. since that seems to work i am going to stop poking this and just use the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines