• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2020

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, just before the last windows update (1909 I believe) the sound worked fine. But now all sound has been disabled because of 'MME not working'. All other programs with sound work correctly so no problem with windows system. Cannot change from MME as no other options given.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong please?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Edit menu, go to the Audio Hardware page under Preferences. Play around with the input and output settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but nothing to play around with, only option is MME, and it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a "None" or "No Input"?

As the owner of a current version you can start an online chat with Adobe staff.  They can remotely run you computer to troubleshoot your Audio issue.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just tried that and it now works. But what happens if I want to use an input?
Also had a bit of a problem loading files after though all ok now.
Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But what happens if I want to use an input?"

Change it as needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then nothing works again and I am back where I started. This looks like a bug as it seems others are having a similar problem with the same method to cure it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, meant to say work around it. Thank you for all the replies.

The reason for me being so insistant is that I am testing out 7 different video editing programs for our local camcorder club. We are looking for one that will suit all/most of our members so that we are all working with the same one. I have reduced the list to 3 so far and premier Elements 2020 was top of the list but maybe just dropped down a position or 2. 7-10 of our members will be purchasing the same one once I have decided on one.

Again, many thanks for the help whsprague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the criteria? 

My experience is that they all do the most important things well.   Differences may be with ease of use, can both Apples and Windows computers and how abundant the third party training is.   

All of them will have some computers that have unique issues.  I used the home version of Vegas for awhile and got involved with that forum.   They have troubles too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct, it is ease of use mainly. A club like ours has many different abilities and requirements. We are looking for the nearest common denominator 🙂

The more proficient have their more pro editors, like you, I also use Vegas (15) may upgrade sometime.

It looks as if the decision now is to get most members to try the trial version and if all goes well we will go for PE 2020.

Again thanys for all the replies and I think this conversion can now be closed, if that is what happens?

Cheers, Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"It looks as if the decision now is to get most members to try the trial version and if all goes well we will go for PE 2020."

Be sure to provide links to Steve Grisetti's eight part quick start series on YouTube.  If they want to go further he has a complete, in depth course on Linda.com/Linkedin Learning.   Access requires a subscription but many, if not most, public libraries offer free access.   Premiere Elements is fairly easy as video editors go, but Steve's courses take "ease of use" to the highest level.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines