• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 9 on Windows 10 works, but won't load media.

New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I am running a really old version and it isn't cloud based, but it still works on my Windows 7 system.

I built a new system and loaded Windows 10.  I installed premier elements 9 and it did install and seems to function, except for the crucial part of loading media to work on. 

Any other crazy cheap folks out there doing this?  If so let me know if it is possible to load media to edit.

Thanks

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

I found a fix for it.  I downloaded VideoPad and it works for my needs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to use it -- though you'll probably be limited to editing video captured from tape-based miniDV and HDV camcorders.

AVCHD was just coming on the scene then, and version 9 doesn't edit it well. And forget about editing video from non-camcorder sources, including phones.

And don't forget that you'll need Quicktime installed, per the program's system requirements.

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

One challenge you may have is that many early versions of the program needed to activate components (the ability to edit and output MPEG, for instance) that activated by contacting a web site. I don't know if that's the case with key components in version 9 but, if it is, most likely those activators are long gone.

Crazy cheap is one thing, but not if if meets you cripple your workflow. Do yourself a favor and find a copy of version 11, 12 or later. It'd probably cost you less than you'll spend on Tylenol trying to work with version 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a fix for it.  I downloaded VideoPad and it works for my needs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines