• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements Copy and Paste

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am simply looking to copy a few clips from one Premiere Elements project to another.  After some online research, it appears that one can only copy and paste from within the same project....is that really true?

I'm new to video editing, but this functionality seems terribly basic, so I'm hoping there's a way to accomplish this that I am simply overlooking.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a feature of Premiere Elements.

However, many people have report that the program ClipMate will make this possible.

http://thornsoft.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also potential work arounds.

One is to use the 'work area bars' to isolate what you want in another project.  Then output that section at a high resolution to an intermediate file that will be used as a source in the new project.  In theory there may be a image quality loss but, it will be very hard to actually see it. 

Another way is to "Save as" the first project to a new project.  Then in the new project delete everything but the clips you want to use.  I use this for complex titles I want to re-use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your replies.  I like the simplicity of the "Save As" option, so I may default to that intitially, but ClipMate sounds worth looking into as well.   Either way, it's workable and helpful information.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines