• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 can I copy a completed project into a new one

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished making a slide show with photos, music, and transitions and it took me a long time as I timed my transitions manually to the music.

Anyway, I went to burn a dvd and the photos are horrible.

I think its my project settings, but they can not be changed after you start a project.

SO, I can not seem to be able to copy this project and paste it into a new blank project with new settings.....................

Can anyone help me?

My project is about 6 minutes long with around 300 photos.

I set it up as DSLR 1080p@29.97 which I thought would be fine since there is no video.

I assume I must redo my settings to avchd@1080 p, etc.....

All my photos are high rez but I pre cropped them to fit 1920 x 1080 and made them 72dpi so they would be small files.  That should not affect the rez of my final dvd right?  If i burn my slide show to dvd and play it on an HD tv, it should look perfect right?

HELP please..................I spent so much time.

Val

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't copy an existing project into a new project.

DVDs and their resolution are left over from the stone age.  DVDs came to us when our TVs had tubes.   Now that we are used to HD and 4K screens, DVDs will never satisfy.

Even if you started a new project with different settings,  the output is determined by the output settings.  When you select DVD it will bring whatever you've built down to DVD resolution.  In other words, it won't get better.

My suggestion is to try Exporting&Sharing a 1920x1080 MP4 video from your existing project.   Then copy it to a DVD "data disc", USB memory stick or SD card.   Many newer disc players will play MP4 files and image files that are burned on to CD or DVD discs.   Newer players have a USB or SD card slot in them.   If your are using a flat screen TV there is probably a USB port on the back.  With a good MP4, you can even put it on YouTube or DropBox for sharing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have burned slideshow dvds in the past using avchd settinga and they were good, just had to be played in a bluray player

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not want to call it a dvd but rather an avchd-disk to avoid confusion.

Are you sure you used avchd settings?

All my photos are high rez but I pre cropped them to fit 1920 x 1080 and made them 72dpi so they would be small files

All that matters in a still is height and width in pixels. Dpi means nothing in video. That is only used in printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't use the correct settings when I first created the project, I am looking for a way to put my finished slideshow into a new project with new settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no way to do that with Elements.

Please post a screenshot of your project settings/general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if I download Premiere Pro, would I be able to open it in that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your first post your settings are ok, dont need to change them.

MIght want to try to export again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

valeriepacker  wrote

Do you know if I download Premiere Pro, would I be able to open it in that?

Probably not.  It worked for older versions of Pro and Elements, but I don' t think it works on newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it still works but don't think the effects and keyframes will be transferred too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-03-02 20.53.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above is a screen shot of my settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your project setting are fine.  Maybe perfect for any current HD display or TV. 

Project settings are primarily for making the project match the source footage.  That results in a smooth and pleasant editing experience.

Output settings in "Export&Share" determine the quality of the final video.  Like other video editors, the output render re-reads the sources and makes a new file.

As Ann suggests, you might want to burn an "AVCHD Disc".   It uses an ordinary optical disk ("DVD") and uses Blu-Ray HD quality.

Is it essential that your slide show be on a disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it might be essential to be on a disc as I made a slide show for our high school swim team to show at a banquet. 

It's set to music.Not sure how else to do it? Using speakers outside of the tv/monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines