• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 on Mojave - no audio playback?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded recently to a 2018 Mac Mini with an external GPU, and just installed my Premiere Elements 11 - (running latest Mojave version 10.14.5). 

It runs ok except I can't hear any audio.  Bummer.

Anyone know of a work around? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Hi AlanMcDonley,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you not getting any audio while playing your timeline.

• Does it happen with a specific project or media file?
  • Have you checked the audio hardware preferences for Premiere Elements? We need to make sure that the correct output device is selected is the one where you wish to get the audio output.

Here's an article for the similar issue with an older version of Premiere Elements: No sound during playback | Premiere Elements 7

Please check this out a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "any audio" do you mean any audio from a particular video or do you mean any audio at all?

If you're not hearing any audio at all, it's likely just a preference setting. Not a bummer.

Go to the program's preferences and, on the Audio Hardware page, try changing some of the input and output settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AlanMcDonley,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you not getting any audio while playing your timeline.

• Does it happen with a specific project or media file?
  • Have you checked the audio hardware preferences for Premiere Elements? We need to make sure that the correct output device is selected is the one where you wish to get the audio output.

Here's an article for the similar issue with an older version of Premiere Elements: No sound during playback | Premiere Elements 7

Please check this out and try the steps provided.

I hope it helps. Let me know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Somehow I missed the "Preferences" panel when searching the menu items (It was very late at night...).

Changed the output to go to Default and I now have audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Happy to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines