Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 - Not using Video Card for Rendering after Win 10 Update

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

As the title states, I have Premiere Elements 15.  I have an AMD Ryzen 1700 Processor and a GeForce 1050Ti Video Card.  My rendering times had been really great before the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, and now, I can tell by looking at the Task Manager that Premiere Elements 15 is no longer using my graphics card to help with rendering.  It is being using when I edit on the Timeline, but not during rendering.  My rendering times have now more than doubled, and I have checked this on projects that I had previously rendered before the update.

I tried updating to the latest Nvidia Drivers, and that didn't help.  Any ideas?  Hardware Rendering is turned on in the Premiere Elements Menu.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements (any version on any operating system) is not designed to use your graphics card to render your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Steve... so any ideas why the rendering times increased so much with the new update?  Must be CPU or memory related, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never experienced it so I don't know.

It might be worth reinstalling the program. It also might be worth installing Quicktime 7. (You can delete QuicktimePlayer.exe for security reasons and still install the other components.)

This will re-install all of the program's components and codecs -- just in case something in a Windows update overwrote them.

But there are so many factors at work affecting rendering times, I'd hesitate to blame it on one thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines