• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 19: Fade In/Out Video only sometimes works?

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I've been fighting making this video for two days now and I'm starting to get annoyed.

What I'm doing is a comparison video between two videos. Each video is on its own track and at various points I break up the videos on each track (so I have the video on track one play through a segment of the video, then I split it. On track two I do the same thing with the other video at the same point. This is done throughout the two tracks)

Each clip I need to have them fade in and out with a dissolve blend where I had split them, but what is happening is sometimes on both tracks the fade in doesn't want to work on the first clip but will work on the rest of the clips (if I move them all further down the track I can get the first clips to work sometimes), but when I add the blend mode dissolve, it only wants to work one video and not the other. Both tracks have the same crop effect and the fade in/out works with it...

Both videos were recorded with the same program and same settings, but sometimes Premiere Elements says something about one video merge on one of the videos and a solid background but the other video clip doesn't give me that same message... so I don't know why they are different in that sense and if that would affect the fade in/out video?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you've got some stray frames in between your clips that are keeping things from working like they should. Or it could also be that your clips don't have adequate head or tail material.

Can you post a screen capture of the intersection of a couple of clips where you're seeing these issues? Zoom in a bit so we can really see what's on your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve this is what I have (had to remake the whole thing because I've been highly frustrated)

The only things I did different from the previous times with this round is that I edited one video first then put the other in and edited it to match up...

I don't see any stray clips and most of the splits are around 2 seconds long. I did test this with 4 second long images, and with other videos split in longer clips as well... with the same results of once dissolve is added at a blend mode the whole fade in and out is no longer working.

Fade in/out working just fine... image on the left is track #1, image on the right is track #2... whole video has an overlay with no things added to it

5dGupQM.png

Dissolve added as a blend mode to both tracks... Track #1 is selected to show that blend mode is there and fade is active. This one is not working

pRuM5j3.png

Track #2 selected to show blend mode with fade active. This one is work

i6cs6jp.png

I normally only use track 1 for my main videos... and I don't know if any tracks beyond track 2 work or not with the blend mode... but if it's not working in track 1 that is a problem for me. That is also as close as I can get to the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't tell what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I just discovered what might be happening... which is unfortunate that it does happen... but it seems blending with the fades only works when there is on track below the track with the blending... which is a shame because I like that dissolve way better than many of the transitions..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines