• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 20 only 3 years usable?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I right that my online purchased version of Premiere Elements 20 will only last for 3 years?
And there is a strange thing : In my acount version 20 is called version 18...

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

The full setup for PRE 2020 can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html

Also you can just store the small 2.5 MB file and that should continue to work on the supported list of Operating systems.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should last as long as your operating system supports it.

Where did you purchase it from?

It's Premiere Elements 2020, not Premiere Elements 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, didn't knew that about the version number, thanks to all.
My purchase was online from Adobe.
With my previous online download version number 12 it was possible to store the 'setup' on a disc or something so that after a reinstall of Windows I just could reinstall Premiere Elements by myself and put in the serialnumber.
With this latest version there is no 'setup' that you can store. Installing goes 100% online with a link.
The Adobe website says that they support a backup for three years. So when I have to reinstall Windows after that time it's not possible to put Premiere 2020 back. Or am I wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seems to want the product name match the year.  The version number is different. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So when I have to reinstall Windows after that time it's not possible to put Premiere 2020 back. Or am I wrong?"

I am a user so don't have insight into Adobe's future policies.   My understanding is that you do download an installation file.  It is 3.5GB.   If you store it somewhere, it should function on future computers with your serial number.  (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html)

You are correct that there is a term limit.  Several months ago Adobe changed what they would make available for download across the board with all applications.   I thought it was two years, maybe it's three.  

Part of Premier Elements is that not all the music, transition and effects features are initially installed.  The user has the option of installing them as needed or all at once.   Posts here over time suggest those support files eventually go off line.

Perhaps the bigger issue is that Premiere Elements is designed to run on operating systems current at the time.  As operating systems change, old versions don't always run right.  In other words, in three years you may very well need a new version of Premiere Elements anyway.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,
but the install file is really just 2,5 Mb. It's a kind of a link. (Adobe is installing it from a 'distance' or something)
My previous install version 12 was indeed around 2,5 Gb and I could store that on a disk or harddrive for future use.
Offcourse I know that a version can get out of date with a new operating system.
However, my older version 12 is still working with Windows 10, but I am very happy with the update, it's faster and more user friendly. Maybe the Adobe download-system here in Holland different from that in the U.S.
And after all it is not a real big deal if it lasts for three years, it is worth the money...;-) 
Thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The full setup for PRE 2020 can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/premiere-elements-downloads.html

Also you can just store the small 2.5 MB file and that should continue to work on the supported list of Operating systems.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download and save the installation file from here in case you ever need to reinstall it:

https://www.adobe.com/in/products/premiere-elements/download-trial/try.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines