• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Audio Issue

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had clips from several different cards, several different cameras, and several different formats, where not all of the audio imports into my project. However,

they import fine in Elements 14. I can't track down a common denominator with this issue.

Is there an update to Elements 2018 that fixes this?

Thanks for you help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is the next step, remember still no BD disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm confused by the link regarding Dolby sound. It reads Dolby, but can't export Dolby?

I have the latest version of Windows 10 and believe it's the Developer Pack? What needs

to happen to continue using my camera (which only records Dolby)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on W8 or 10 playing dolby is not the issue.

Exporting dolby is the issue.

What export files do you need? dvd, bd or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported footage shot with a Panasonic AG-AC160, recorded in AVCHD

and Dolby audio and only 24 min. out of 2hrs. of the audio shows up on the timeline.

This is the issue I started this thread with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete clips then delete media cache and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann I did that, but still the same results. Here's what I'm getting from this (a different program) that's nearly 2 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went to a different machine and same result. This camera records audio in Dolby.

Is the Dolby license issue affecting recordings as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a phone number to contact someone about this?

We've spent a lot of time, energy, and money on their products

and this puts us in a bind.

Your help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I have the same camera as you;  you'll have to go into your audio settings and record to PCM.  Anything you've shot with Dolby Audio is just going to be grief. I'm editing AVCHD with PCM currently on a quad core i7 with windows 7 and so far so good.  I've had no audio import problems.  The AGAC 130P's are not going to be useful at all unless you want to convert all of your AVCHD files with Dolby sound via handbrake or other such subtacular workaround.

Regards,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I should have said it's the AGAC 160P that I'm using

jn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm obviously the typical male and did not read Item #19. I'm in the process of downloading the Media Pack now and I'm praying for positive results. I'll let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the Media Pack did nothing. Does anyone have any other suggestions to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than using Elements 14, does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know yet... I have informed my IT department that I must update OS to windows 10 etc and make a last try with Elements and Pro so I don’t have to start producing silent movies or remain as a PE14 user. I don’t believe it before I see it. Handbrake works great to convert files (thanks for that advice in the forum) that works in 2018/Pro with Windows 7 - but it is not a sustainable solution to convert many files between different software, working in a company with ambition to be efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's what I found out after a long time on the phone.

According to Adobe Tech Support in India, this is a .MTS bug

that they are supposed to be working on. Who really know though.

All I know is that I work for a nonprofit that spent over $1,000 on 10 licenses.

We teach folks in the community how to use Elements and in many cases, they

turn around a purchase it for their homes. I can't in good conscience recommend any

upgrading to these folks.

I guess I'm looking for some finality before I request a refund from my vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear of your repeated efforts to find a solution. Please keep us informed about your refund. I have been trying for a refund since last November without success. I have had different excuses. Either its a bug that will be fixed, or there is nothing wrong with the product and it is nothing to do with them that audio from my particular camera is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dolby is a licensed system, John. It appears that, in version 2018, Adobe chose not to license it (as it also chose not to renew its licensing for BluRay production).  That's why it works fine in older version but not in the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we have said, you will have no problems editing AVC video in Premiere Elements unless your audio is being saved as Dolby Digital. Standard PCM audio works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply Steve. You are an expert. Compared to you I am an amateur, so I need some more info to understand what I must do to use the 2018 version. I must convert the original files in VLC or another software?

And I guess your advice is a temporary advice untill Adobe fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not expect Adobe to 'fix' the issue because it's not a bug in the software. Adobe has just chosen to no longer license Dolby Digital for Premiere Elements.

You can certainly convert the video to a 1920x1080 30 fps MP4, but I'd recommend you do it with Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, those of us with Adobe 2018, are just stuck with an inferior product? Just so I can use it, I put the video in 14, export audio only, and replace the audio in 2018. Slightly more work, but at least I can use the product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good workaround: hope you dont intend to make a BD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned in another thread, the lack of Blu-ray export support in Premiere Elements is not only due to the AC3 issue, but also due to the fact that Premiere Elements is not capable of exporting uncompressed Linear PCM audio in any of its disk-export video codecs. DVD export is still present, but now Premiere Elements will only export audio as MP2 (MPEG Audio), which only PAL DVD players are required to support but which few NTSC DVD players support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVD export is with pcm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this correction. Unfortunately, this will force a severe reduction in the video bitrate - to as low as 1.5 Mbps - just to keep the total bitrate from becoming too high. You see, the DVD-Video standard has a maximum supported total bitrate of just 9.4 Mbps (and that includes the video, audio and miscellaneous data combined). And the LPCM audio would force the use of double-layer (8.5 GB) DVD for even a one-hour video project just to keep the video bitrate sufficiently high for display on a large screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines