• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 / Cannot launch video editor

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to open the Organizer, but is it. No video editor at all. I said initially that I have to re instal it. I did a number of times. Can  anyone help? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see anything on the screen when you try to open PRE Editor?

Could you try directly launching the Editor, instead of using the Elements Home screen to launch Editor?

This can be done by following the below steps:

For Windows:

1) Default location for installation is: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Elements 2019

2) Open this folder

3) Check for 'PremiereElementsEditor.exe' file

4) Double click this file, this should launch the Editor directly, without launching the Elements Home screen.

For MAC:

1) Go to Applications\Adobe Premiere Elemnets 2019

2) Open 'Support Files' folder

3) There should be another application file 'Adobe Premiere Elements Editor.app'

4) Double Click to launch the editor

In case if the above steps dont help, please check your Task Manager\Activity Monitor to validate if the application is running in background or not.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have follow the instructions for the MAC. I have a MacPro with the latest software. I checked the activity monitor and the app is opened. I have taken a screenshot for your review.

When I double click the app it opens the home screen that shows all the options and how-to windows. But the video editor never appears.  It says that it is opening, but it must be in the background that I cannot access.  Hope this makes sense. The a tivity monitor does not show the video editor at all. I see no indication that the video editor is even present.  Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that the Adobe Premiere Elements.app file inside the Support files, which should open the Editor.

Could you please try to double click this file directly instead of launching the home screen, which should open the Editor.

In case if this does not work, please download the Adobe Log collector tool from here: Log Collector Tool and run this on your machine, this would create a zip folder on your desktop containing the adobe logs for your machine.

I would share a location with you on a direct message, where you can share the logs with me.

Let me see, how I can help you with the issue.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again specifying the exact location, which you need to try to launch the Editor:

Applications\Adobe Premiere Elements 2019\Support files\Adobe Premiere Elements.app

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I double click on it it kind of flashes but nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulo,

I have not received any logs, could you please again try to upload the logs and share with me on a direct message please.

Do not post the link for your dropbox here, as it is a public forum, and everyone might would be able to access your personal dropbox.

Please let me know in case if you face any difficulities in sharing the logs, would try for some other alternative.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vipin,

Are you able to open this file? Is this the file you are asking for? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I upload the .zxp file for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sfinster1  wrote

How do I upload the .zxp file for you?

You are replying to an old post from last year.  Perhaps you could start a new topic with more detail about your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines