• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 & HEVC

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 2019 does not support HEVC so its a waste of money, although Adobe lead you into thinking it does. How about installing this as an update Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cliveb65039624  wrote

Premiere Elements 2019 does not support HEVC so its a waste of money, although Adobe lead you into thinking it does. How about installing this as an update Adobe.

This is the Photoshop Elements user to user forum.

Here is the link to the Premiere Elements forum:

Premiere Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does support HEVC, which is also known as H.265.  But, there is a catch!

My reading suggests that HEVC is largely an Apple thing.  They are using it on their phones to make smaller, but not better video files.  Since Apple is liking it, they are paying the licensing fees and are including the codec in their phones, tablets and operating system.

Adobe is choosing not to pay the licensing fees for their lowest cost editing systems.

In other words, if you have Premiere Elements 2019 installed on a late model Mac, you have full use of HEVC.  Premiere Elements will "see" the installed codec and use it.

More reading will suggest that the consortium that controls HEVC/H.265 has been mismanaged and have not controlled licensing costs.  We may well see better than HEVC/H.265 from sources such as Google before it gets worked out.

Bottom line is that HEVC/H.265 makes no significant quality improvement over the overwhelmingly universal H.264 codec.  Most, maybe all drones, phones and action cameras that offer the choice of H.265  can record in H.264.

If you have to have HEVC/H.265 for some reason and use Premiere Elements you can convert the footage with (the free) Handbrake program.  If you absolutely need H.265 capability, I would be happy to recommend an alternative NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is somewhat incorrect. HEVC is NOT a mac thing. Actually, macs adopted support in the OS AFTER windows.

h265 (HEVC) is just the evolution of h264

I use Premier elements cause I refuse to pay $31 a month for premier pro for occasional home use to make semi-pro movies.

I too bought PE thinking it had HEVC and was upset to find it did not. (their product page needs some updates...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand your concern, however, with the latest release Premiere Elements 2019, the support for the H.265 files has been added for Mac OS with version 10.13 and above. To know more, check out this link: Features & Enhancements | Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

In case you are working on Windows and you wish for adding H.265 support, please add your voice here: Premiere Elements: H.265 HEVC for windows | Photoshop Family Customer Community

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mac has it, nearly all Adobe's competitors have support for the codec, why do Window users have to ask for the feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines