• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere elements 2020 error motion tracking: media file seems to have an invalid entry

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error when trying to use motion tracking in Premiere Elements 2020. media file seems to have an invalid entry in the catalog. Please rename it for use. Someone else posted the exact problem but didn't see that it was solved.

I renamed the file several times but with the same file name extention .mp4

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you add your MP4 to the Premiere Elements timeline, is there a yellow orange "render" line above the clip? This render line indicates that your video specs do not match your project settings, which means that Motion Tracking may have problems working with your file. Is that the case?

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that line appears green. And it does not matter which video I try, none are working with motion tracking and get the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A green line can also indicate mismatched project settings. Ideally you should see no line at all.

Open your MP4 in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text from this report and paste it to this forum. Once we know your video's complete specs we'll be better able to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you able to help me at all? I just ran into the same issue as the guy you are replying to. I sent below the File attachment that you required for him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with Premiere Elements 2021. It prompts me to rename the file but that does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"having the exact same problem"

Can you provide more information about your system and the source of your video files?   And, as Steve wrote, "download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text from this report and paste it to this forum. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my own problem. I had moved some files around which must have not taken in Elements organizer. Once I updated Organizer the problem was solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could find two ways of getting around this issue:

(1) First select the start and end point of clip by dragging the marker(?) on the timeline then export and save this video clip by another name and then add in your media. Then try and it should work. It worked in my case.

(2) Select your video clip and then go to Clip>Effect Mask>Apply; it will create a mask above your video clip which will show a rectangle to be resized for tracking. Rest you can do.

I am a novice and trying to learn Premier Elements. Please forgive me for not using the exact technical terminology.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines