• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2020 keeps crashing !

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm french so sorry if my english is not perfect. I'm using Elements (Photoshop+Premiere) since 3 versions at least, and i have mainly been satisfied with them. I'm not using very advanced features, basic cuts and simple transitions. 

For a few days, i just can't use Premiere : it starts normally, loads all files, and as soon as i move the cursor to preview, Premiere will freeze after several seconds... 

I'm using a Surface Book, i5 . All other programs work well (including Photoshop Elements).

My SSD has about 50 GB free, could it be less than necessary and the reason why Premiere won't work ?

Thanks for your ideas.

Jerome

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could well be that you don't have enough free space for the program to edit with.

Though how much space the program requires depends on the length of the video you are editing and what format of video you are editing.

Editing video from an AVCHD camcorder, for instance, is easier for the program editing video from a phone or screen capture.

What format of video are you editing and what device recorded the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved a few GB to a backup disk, and succeeded to use the program for more than 10 minutes. It looks like there is a link, but i will not be able to get much more free space (70 GB now).

My files are from a Sony camcorder, in AVCHD 1920x1080, yes. The project contains about 150 files with a total of 5 GB.

Is that too much ? Should I create several shorter projects ?

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be best to get a larger hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or a big SSD - I have a 1 TB SSD in my desktop PC.

I use external USB hard disks for backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Well i succeded to finish the movie and began a new project. In this new one, no crash even if i have less disk space than before. So the issue is not directly the limited free space. I must admit i was disappointed by the answers that proposed only to buy a bigger SSD. 

I have activated the Adobe Crash report and there must have lots of them sent, but who reads them ? Can we use them here with experts to analyse ? I have no trace of file, i guess it's sent directly and not stored ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines